Have you heard of hydro-jetting? If it sounds like a cool new water sport to you, you’re about to be disappointed. If, however, you’re having trouble with sluggish drains, recurring clogs, and poor water pressure, hydro-jetting may be just what you need to get your plumbing in order.
What is hydro-jetting, anyway? It’s a procedure in which a certified plumber uses a high-pressured flow of water to scour the interior surfaces of the plumbing pipes, thoroughly cleaning them. Hydro-jetting systems typically use 35,000 pounds per square inch of pressure, which removes scale, grease, and other debris that’s built up in the pipes. It can also take care of tree root infiltration and mineral and scale buildup in the drains. Working from the bottom up, the hydro-jetting tool moves upstream, working its way through the system to safely flush the pipes. Before using this powerful tool, your plumber will visually inspect the pipes, using a camera to make sure that hydro-jetting is the right solution.
Hydro-jetting offers many benefits:
- It’s effective. There are many different ways to address the issue of build-up, debris, and blockages in the pipes. Hydro-jetting is one of the most effective, because it clears the residue from the pipe walls, preventing it from building up again.
- It’s affordable. Hydro-jetting is fast, and that’s important when you’re paying by the hour.
- It’s sanitary. While other methods can lead to sewage backing up into your home, hydro-jetting keeps contaminants from spreading around.
- It’s eco-friendly. Hydro-jetting uses water instead of harsh chemicals to clear out the pipes.
- It’s versatile. Whether your plumbing job is small or large, hydro-jetting may offer the solution. Because it clears everything from grease to tree roots, it’s a good choice for homes or businesses.
- It saves on maintenance. The video inspection used in hydro-jetting can reveal plumbing problems you didn’t know you had so that you can take care of them before they become major issues. Because hydro-jetting is so effective, it cuts down on the need for continuous maintenance, and may even extend the life of your system.
How do you determine if hydro-jetting is the right solution for your plumbing problems? Ask a plumbing company you can trust. At Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, we are passionate in our pursuit of safety, professionalism, and excellence in caring for our customers, co-workers, and community. That’s why this family-owned business has been around for 30 years, consistently delivering the customer satisfaction that’s earned us our superb reputation. A full-service plumbing company, we provide a wide range of services which include expert repairs to existing plumbing, water, gas, and sewage systems, copper piping, water main replacements, trenchless sewer replacements, and water heater installations. We also provide renovation services for kitchens, baths, and laundry rooms, to update the design or upgrade the energy efficiency. Contact us through our website or call (510) 876-9725 for more information on all we can do for you.