Are you considering a tankless water heater? It’s a big investment, and one that can cost up to three times as much as a traditional water heater, so it’s important to make sure that what you’re buying is worth it. With that in mind, let’s look at some of the benefits of tankless water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters supply water on demand. In contrast to traditional water heaters, which maintain a tank full of water, tankless water heaters heat the water as needed, which can reduce energy costs by as much as 35 percent a year.
- They’re reliable and efficient. Delivering a continuous supply of water, they can heat as many as 5-7 gallons each minute and never run out. What’s more, tankless water heaters are ranked very highly in terms of energy efficiency. They don’t have standby heat loss, and they only use as much power as is necessary to heat the water needed at that moment.
- Tankless water heaters last a long time. They have a lifespan of up to twenty years, twice as long as the typical traditional water heater. Because of this, their warranties are much longer, as well.
- The expense of a tankless water heater is defrayed in different ways. Most tankless water heaters come with a government rebate, which can help with the upfront cost of the unit. What’s more, by using a tankless water heater you can save as much as 20 percent on your water heating bill, making it less expensive in the long run.
- Tankless water heaters are compact. Because they’re smaller than traditional units, they can be installed just about anywhere, including outdoors or on walls. And even though they’re small, they never run out of hot water.
Even with all these advantages, tankless water heaters do have some drawbacks. Aside from the high upfront cost of the unit, there can be additional expenses, like expensive installation and additional equipment. Sometimes, the temperature of the water from a tankless heater can be inconsistent, and if you run more than one appliance at once the water supply might not be sufficient. Talk to a professional to determine whether going tankless is a smart move for you.
At Albert Nahman Plumbing and Heating, we are passionate in our pursuit of safety, professionalism, and excellence in caring for our customers, co-workers, and community. That’s why this family-owned business has been around for 30 years, consistently delivering the customer satisfaction that’s earned us our superb reputation. A full-service plumbing company, we provide a wide range of services which include expert repairs to existing plumbing, water, gas, and sewage systems, copper piping, water main replacements, trenchless sewer replacements, and water heater installations. We also provide renovation services for kitchens, baths, and laundry rooms, to update the design or upgrade the energy efficiency. Contact us through our website or call (510) 876-9725 for more information on all we can do for you.